What We Do
Advocacy, awareness-raising, and outreach
The Center makes ethics more pragmatic and understandable by showing how these concepts can translate into operations and affect practice. Some specific examples of our advocacy, awareness-raising, and outreach work include:
Training sessions and presentations
conducting presentations and trainings on a variety of moral and ethical topics.
Creating public resources
such as videos and podcasts on a wide variety of ethical issues in relief & development.
Convening experts and stakeholders
bringing together experts and stakeholders to highlight ethical issues in a particular context to achieve a specific set of desirable, measurable outcomes.
Our team of ethicists and development practitioners helps organizations identify, study, mitigate, and resolve moral conflicts that arise within their work. We apply research and analysis to provide our clients with guidance that is accessible, pragmatic, and results-focused.
Our services range from specific project support to organization-wide engagements and generally fit into the following categories:
- Strategies for operationalizing an organization’s values, mission, and programs
- Diversity, equity & inclusion
- Values-based capacity building, and awareness-raising
- Ethical assessments
- Project-specific consulting (e.g., design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning)
- Research & literature reviews
- Developing conceptual clarity on key values, commitments, and concepts
- Ethics-based strategic planning